Enjoy the help of motivated employees
As an accredited work placement company, you will receive benefits such as:
- To help train students is a great way to attract new and motivated employees.
- Students may bring in new knowledge and techniques and they can offer new insights on your company and profession.
- Students usually get to work straightaway. You can enjoy the help of young professionals in the daily activities of the company.
- Students can increase the appeal of your company.
- The special logo that can be placed on your company vehicle, notepaper, website and so on provides a positive image to your clients.
- You may be eligible for subsidies and funds, such as the subsidy scheme for practical learning provided by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
You want to extend your accreditation
You are already an accredited work placement company for one or more courses, but now you want to coach students for other courses as well. You can check your existing accreditation and apply for an extension of the accreditation via MySBB.
More and more students are going abroad for their practice placement or apprenticeship. According to the Dutch Act on Adult and Vocational Education, they may only do so in accredited organisations. Foreign work placement companies must, therefore, also be accredited.Go to MySBB External link
For new workplace trainers with little or no experience in coaching VET students, SBB organises on-site as well as online basic workshops. Participation is free of charge.
There are six different modules:
- A successful start
- Giving instructions
- Giving feedback
- Conducting coaching interviews
- Development-oriented assessment
The on-site basic workshops always focus on two modules. These workshops take 4 to 4.5 hours. The online basic workshops always focus on one module.
Attending the first module is a prerequisite for attending other modules. Each group has a maximum of five participants. These meetings take 1 to 1.5 hours.
Do you want to submit an in-company application for new workplace trainers? Ask your work placement advisor about the possibilities.Go to MySBB External link
SBB's work placement advisor will re-assess your accreditation once every four years. You may already have scheduled an appointment. If you still meet the conditions, you will continue to be accredited. If the advisor decides to withdraw the accreditation, he or she will inform you in writing, stating the reasons.
Qualifications and optional components
The qualification file shows the knowledge and skills that VET students should have acquired at the end of their training. Schools make their educational programmes based on the qualification files.
A VET course consists not only of a qualification, but also of one or more optional components. Optional components allow students to broaden or deepen their workmanship. They cover a total of 15% of the training time.
Optional components allow for flexibility. They can be developed quickly, thereby responding to innovations, social developments and needs of the national or regional labour market.
Students can do an optional component at every accredited work placement company. Therefore, you do not need to apply for an extension of your accreditation. However, it is important that you and the school agree on the optional components that students can do at your company.
You may qualify for one or more of the following subsidies and funds.